Kerala Governor releases an ordinance
to add a new policy to Thiru Kochi irrigation. This ordinance
ensures the timely interventions of District Collector
or other concerning officers to the lands where the owners
are not intending to cultivate.
• Electricity to 45 villages
• A Committee to inquire the
problems on salary revision of Panchayat employees.
• A commission to inquire the
removal of garbage disposal at Cheruvannoor.
• Government decides to supply
electricity for 108 centers at Malabar.
Communist Party takes final decision
on Agrarian Relations Bill after deliberations.
Dr. A R .Menon (Minister for Health)
inaugurates classes at Kozhikode medical college.
• Project to help small scale
• Order to exempt dried fish
and text books from sales tax.
Rs.35 lakh Project for the development
of Sitaram mill.
“Kerala Government fights all
problems with a service mentality,” says Rajendra
Some alternations made on Education
Bill; Amendment to panel system and school property on
the premises of the church exempted.
• Defense Minister in Trivandrum
• Government made new bill to
give away wages to tenants for kazhikkoora chamayam.
• Loans to farmers who faced
crop destruction by flood. Kozhikode district gets Rs.
• Deliberations on University
• Advisory committee set up for
• Question hour; Deliberations
on University Bill after urgent submissions.
• Fourth conference of the first
• Assembly passes Irrigation
Act amendment bill. The amendment gives price to district
officers and other officials for bunding & pumping.
• Education Bill Select Committee
submits its reports.
• Bill to hinder the unlawful
encroachments was send to Select Committee.
• Government decides to buy rice
from Andhra Pradesh.
• Second Five Year Plan allots
12½ lakh to coir industry in Malabar
• “Kerala University Bill
passed .Some of suggestions of the opposition can be considered,”says
• Unemployment solution; Government
passed a sub request for grant worth 13 lakh rupees.
• Panchayat elections to be conducted
before 1958 July. Democratic committees have been setup
to determine panchayat boundaries.
• Bill to provide compensation
to tenants sends to Select Committee.
• Insolvency law made applicable
• Government denied congress
resolution requesting referendum. Amendment on Education
Bill presented before the assembly. 319 amendments made
for the 39 sections of the bill.
• Advocate General today said
that Educational Bill is neither against constitution
nor blocking right to open educational institutions of
their own. Passed three clauses of the bill.
• Amendments on District Board
• Government presented the list
of aid given to fisherman in Kannur and Kozhikode districts.
• Six new dispensaries in Malabar
Second reading of Education Bill
ends. Some amendments suggested by the opposition included.