Government sanctions new lift irrigation
schemes worth 15 lakhs.
Government decided to give charge of
Home Ministry to Minister for Law, V.R.Krishna Iyer.
Government orders the merchants and
mill owners to submit the returns of food grain stocks.
The administrative council of Seetharam
mill includes labour representatives.
• Government decides to raise
the Kozhikode Municipality to a Corporation.
• Police department gets restructured.
There will be a special I.G. in the new system.
Government states that the allegations
on loss in the rice deal are baseless and imaginative.
T.V. Thomas states that the decision
to form state transport corporation is unacceptable.
Foundation stone laid for the public
sector first spinning mill at Balaramapuram.
Kerala Assembly summoned. Assembly
procedures called off in giving homage to the late member
• Investigative officer Keshava
Menon’s report on Sabarimala case published.
• Introduced Industrial Relations
Committee for Journalists.
• “Congress agitations
are not purposeful,” says Morarji Desai.
• Centre gives consent for irrigation
projects in Kerala worth 7½ lakhs.
• 2.25 crores extra expenses
due to salary reforms,” says Achuthamenon.
Question hour session in Kerala Assembly
on forest encroachment issue.
• Kerala Assembly passed Malabar
District Board Bill.
• Farmer’s Debt Relief
Bill sends to Select Committee.
• Passed amendment bill on public
• Government order on minimum
wages for farmers.
• The bill on stay of janmi karam
payment sent to Select Committee.
• Press note on the steps taken
by State government on expenditure minimization.
• An official declaration on
the formation of Kozhikode Corporation.
• Steps to minimize court fee.
Money Lenders Bill sends to Select
• Kerala government released
Land Policy Bill .The bill aims at wiping off landlord
• Government takes appropriate
action to supply house and land to Harijans.
• Equal justice to all districts.
Malabar area smarts its position, C.M.explains projects.
• Government redresses the anomalies
in coir industry.
• Assembly calls back unofficial
bills and ordinances.
• Land Reforms Bill presented
in the Assembly.
• Assembly’s deliberation
on Kerala’s food policy.
• Thanneermukkom land government
sanctions Rs. 150 lakh.
• Kattamballi project starts
working from January 5.